SRDC Worldwide presents Hugo Salinas Price.
Mexican Multi billionaire Hugo Salinas Price participated in the 3rd annual World Conference on Riba in coordination with SRDC Worldwide. The annual conference addresses the unsustainable economic conditions due to Riba, or interest. It is an issue that has been becoming more prominent with the worsening global economic landscape.
The founder of Mexico’s Elektra retail chain addressed the conference on “Silver, liquid and illiquid, the ‘modified open mint’ and gold & silver as parallel monetary systems.” Hugo Salinas Price has since retired from Elektra. The current head is recurring figure on Forbes magazine’s richest 400 and Salinas Price’s son, Ricardo Salinas Pliego. The Mexican magnate is a proponent of sound financial policy in Mexico through a monetized silver coin to circulate parallel with the Mexican peso. He is the President of Mexican Civic Association Pro Silver, A.C. Which he founded in 1997.
The 3rd World Riba Conference also included other prominent speakers in the academe, economic scholars and practitioners. Speakers included former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed, Chairman & President of the USA Public Banking Institute Ellen Hodgson Brown and Best selling author and award winning documentary writer, Bill Still among others.
List of speakers:
- Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed, Fourth Prime Minister of Malaysia
- Ellen Hodgson Brown, Chairman/President of Public Banking Institute, USA
- Bill Still, Best Selling Author and Award-Winning Documentary Writer/Director
- Hugo Salinas- Price, President, Mexican Civic Association Pro Silver, A.C.
- Imran Nazar Hosein, Renowned Author and Scholar in Islamic Eschatology
- Tom J. Kennedy, Activist & Blogger
- Imam Afroz Ali, President , Al-Ghazzali Centre for Islamic Sciences & Human Development, Sydney
- Professor Dr. Ahamed Kameel Mydin Meera, Dean, IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance, Malaysia
- Professor Dato dr. Hj. Mohd Ali Baharom, President, Malaysia National Cooperative Movement
- YM Tunku Azwil Tunku Abdul Razak, Muslim Consumers Association of Malaysia
- Dr. Zulkifli Hassan, Faculty of Shariah & Law, Islamic Science University of Malaysia